2022 High School Recommendations and Applications Still Being Accepted
It remains our goal to have every high school and home school community in the State of West Virginia represented at each annual ALMBS session. We are willing to work with you to assure that your high school is represented at the program.
ALMBS is a leadership action program where qualified high school students take part in a practical government exercise. It is designed to develop a working knowledge of the structure of state government and to impress upon the citizen the fact that our government is just what we make it.
The goal of ALMBS is to teach good government through participation by becoming a mythical state government and operating it as such. It is an objective citizenship training program which strives to inculcate individual responsibility to the community, state, and nation.
Individuals who meet the below qualifications are eligible to apply for admission to ALMBS. Due to the cancellation of the 2020 & 2021 sessions, each high school senior class will be permitted at least one attendee to the 2022 session along with the junior class attendees.
- Be a member of the male enrollment of the current junior class.
- Have a 2.75 grade point average or higher on a four-point scale or its equivalent. (Note: Schools should use the most current cumulative grade point average as of the time of their response.)
- Have demonstrated outstanding qualities in the areas of school activities, community activities, and character.
- Have never attended an American Legion Boys State program previously.
- Be a citizen of West Virginia OR attend a high school in West Virginia.
ALMBS is open to those meeting the above requirements regardless of race, color, religion, disability, socioeconomic status, or national origin.