Are you ALMBS ready?
The American Legion Mountaineer Boys State returns to developing the "Men of Tomorrow" in 15 days. Are you ready for this Week that Shapes a Lifetime?
Here is a preparation checklist:
- Read entire contents of the Citizen Packet.
- Obtain physical examination and bring completed WVSSAC Athletic Participation/Parental Consent/Physician’s Certification Form and Affidavit and Consent to Treat to Registration. The Affidavit and Consent to Treat requires a parent(s)/guardian(s) signature and must be notarized.
- Attend an orientation session. (RSVP online; only two session remain June 1 and June 5)
- Visit ALMBS website https://wvboysstate.org.
- Subscribe to our channel on YouTube at https://y.wvboysstate.org, follow us on Twitter at: https://t.wvboysstate.org, follow us on LinkedIn at https://i.wvboysstate.org, like our Facebook page at: https://f.wvboysstate.org, and join the discussion on our Facebook group at: https://fg.wvboysstate.org.
- Study law lecture, under the Legal Career Path.
- Develop a plan (What you want to do/be at The American Legion Mountaineer Boys State.) and backup plan(s). (If first, second, third, etc. plans fail.)
- Complete career path application, if interested; the Banking, Journalism, Office of Emergency Services, Corrections, State Police, DNR Police, Forensic Laboratory, and Homeland Security/National Guard career paths are hired positions and require the completion of an application.
- Pack personal belongings/items, including one pair of navy-blue shorts, musical instruments, etc. per enclosed instructions.
- Complete and bring the following additional forms to registration: ALMBS Pledge, Proposed Legislation Form, Summer Foods Household Application, National Guard Waiver, and Order Form.
- Arrive at WVU Jackson’s Mill Main Pavilion (near swimming pool and West Virginia Building) on Sunday, June 12, 2022, between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. (early arrival is recommended) with completed ALMBS Pledge, Proposed Legislation Form, Summer Foods Household Application, National Guard Waiver, WVSSAC Athletic Participation/Parental Consent/Physician’s Certification Form, notarized Affidavit and Consent to Treat, and Order Form, personal belongings, musical instruments, etc. and no more than $50.00 spending cash.
We look forward to your arrive in June as we return to WVU Jackson's Mill for our 83rd session of ALMBS!