2022 ALMBS Applications Still Being Accepted
The American Legion Mountaineer Boys State (ALMBS) has long been recognized as one of the most respected educational programs of government and leadership instruction for high school students. We have accomplished this over eight decades by adjusting our program to keep pace with the times. The COVID-19 pandemic has challenged us to think creatively about how we can safely deliver a meaningful and engaging program and we are proud to return to this mission in 2022.
QUALIFICATIONS: Individuals who meet the below qualifications are eligible to apply for admission to ALMBS. Due to the cancellation of the 2020 & 2021 sessions, each high school senior class will be permitted at least one attendee to the 2022 session along with the junior class attendees.
- Be a member of the male enrollment of the current junior class.
- Have a 2.75 grade point average or higher on a four-point scale or its equivalent. (Note: Schools should use
the most current cumulative grade point average as of the time of their response.)
- Have demonstrated outstanding qualities in the areas of school activities, community activities, and character.
- Have never attended an American Legion Boys State program previously.
- Be a citizen of West Virginia OR attend a high school in West Virginia.
WHERE AND WHEN: WVU Jackson's Mill, June 12-18, 2022
APPLICATION: Complete the Application form and work with your High School Guidance Counselor or local American Legion Post to get registered. Limited slots are available, so ACT NOW!